Registration is open for the 2016 Summer Schools. Register to reserve your place at:
- York Summer School: National Science Learning Centre, 25 - 28 July
- Oxford Summer School: Keble College, 8 -11 August
- Cambridge Summer School: Homerton College, 8 - 11 August
Summer Schools are open to teachers of physics from Stimulating Physics Network Link and Partner Schools. Each school consists of four days of intensive hands-on workshops led by the Teaching and Learning Coaches. The Summer Schools focus on developing both subject knowledge and pedagogy.
Our First Year programme covers core topics for non-specialists such as electricity, energy and forces. Our Second Year programme, for non-specialist teachers who have previously attended a Summer School, or for newly-qualified specialists, builds on the First Year course and introduces radioactivity, momentum and waves.
All costs of attending the school are covered by the Stimulating Physics Network.
The Summer Schools aim to help you:
- broaden your understanding of physics
- enjoy the subject more;
- feel more confident about teaching physics; and
- make physics more interesting for your students.
Along with our intensive programme of workshops, discussions and masterclasses, the Summer Schools include food, accommodation and entertainment. You can follow these courses on twitter:
For more information, please speak to your Teaching and Learning Coach or contact Mariana Salgueiro at 020 7470 4988.